The Shoulder - Steps to Success - London
21 (Sat) and 22 (Sun) January 2017 08:45 - 16:30 (GMT)
BUPA Health Centre
4 Basinghall Street
ABOUT THE COURSE:
This 2 days course will present a simple evidence-based approach to the management of shoulder pathology, which is immediately applicable in your clinical practice. It will consider current development in the literature and how they inform the key factors contributing to successful outcomes.
The specific rehabilitation approaches for: dynamic shoulder stability, kinetic chain control, shoulder stiffness, shoulder tendinopathy, culpritis etc will be discussed and accomplished by a practical workshop. These is highly practical course, which contains lots of rehabilitation tips !
- To present the current literature regarding dynamic stability of the shoulder complex and explore the application to clinical assessment and treatment.
- To present the current literature regarding the pathophysiology of common shoulder conditions and describe the impact on the dynamic stabilisers.
- To demonstrate key assessment tools to explore function of the dynamic stabilisers of the shoulder as a basis for treatment planning.
- To demonstrate key treatment approaches based on the current evidence to address movement dysfunction in the shoulder complex.
By the end of this two-day course the participant should;
- Understand current concepts of dynamic stability of the shoulder joint.
- Understand current theories relating to the pathophysiology of common shoulder conditions and their impact on dynamic stability of the shoulder joint.
- Develop an awareness of current research regarding evidence-based treatment of shoulder pathology.
- Understand key assessment and treatment tools for the successful treatment of the shoulder joint.
- Have the ability to clinically reason key treatment approaches in the management of common shoulder conditions.