The course venue
National Tennis Centre
100 Priory Lane
How to get there
The nearest rail station is Barnes, which is serviced by South West Trains.
Trains to Barnes run from Waterloo via Clapham Junction, or Feltham via Hounslow or Richmond.
When you arrive at Barnes station, take the Roehampton exit onto Rocks Lane. At the junction, veer right onto Upper Richmond Road. Head straight along Upper Richmond Road, passing Rosslyn Park Rugby Football Club on your left. Then turn left onto Priory Lane. The NTC is on the right hand side, past the Priory Hospital. The walk takes approximately 15 minutes.
Click here to visit the South West Trains website: South West Trains
Tube / Bus
The nearest underground stations are Hammersmith, Putney Bridge, East Putney, Southfields and Richmond. Buses from these stations run along Upper Richmond Road. For more information please visit
the TFL website: Transport for London - Bus service
Take the number 72 from the bus station. The bus crosses Hammersmith Bridge, runs along Castelnau, past Barnes Station and over Upper Richmond Road.
Approaching on the 72, alight at bus stop S, just after the junction, and walk back up to Upper Richmond Road. Turn left, walk past Rosslyn Park R.F.C and turn left into Priory Lane. The NTC is on the right hand side, after the Priory Hospital.
Alternatively, take the number 33 which follows the same route but turns right onto Upper Richmond Road. Putney Bridge.
Take the number 430 over Putney Bridge. The bus runs up Putney High Street and turns right onto Upper Richmond Road.
Turn right out of the underground station and take the number 337 from the first bus stop. The bus runs straight along Upper Richmond Road.
Take the number 493 from the underground station. The bus runs past Putney Heath, along Roehampton lane, and turns left onto Upper Richmond Road
For the above journeys, alight at the top of Priory Lane (bus stop N), the stop after Rosslyn Park Rugby Football Club. Walk along Priory Lane until you reach the NTC on the right hand side, after the Priory Hospital
Each bus journey takes approximately 20 minutes; the walk from the bus stop takes approximately 10 minutes.
Take the number 493 from the underground station or the number 33 or 337 from the bus station. All three buses run along Upper Richmond Road.
Approaching from Richmond; alight at stop D after Priests Bridge. Turn right down Priory Lane. The NTC is on the right hand side, past the Priory Hospital.
The bus journey takes approximately 30 minutes; the walk from the bus stop takes approximately 10 minutes.
Directions by Car
Approaching from Hammersmith Bridge
- Cross Hammersmith Bridge and head along Castlenau
- At the junction at the Red Lion pub, stay on the main road. This means bearing slightly left down
Rocks Lane, with playing fields to your left hand side.
- Go past Barnes station and then at the junction with Upper Richmond Road (A205 South Circular),
you need to turn right. During the week there is no right turn except for buses, therefore bear left and
then right round the traffic island.
- Just after Rosslyn Park Rugby Club turn left off the Upper Richmond Road onto Priory Lane
- The NTC is on the right hand side, past the Priory Hospital before the Bank of England Sports Club
Approaching from Putney Bridge
- Cross Putney Bridge and take the immediate right onto Lower Richmond Road
- At the mini roundabout at the Common, bear left onto Queens Ride
- At the junction with Upper Richmond Road (A205 South Circular), turn right
- Go over the traffic lights at the junction with Roehampton Lane
- At the next set of traffic lights, turn left into Priory Lane
- The NTC is on the right hand side, past the Priory Hospital
Approaching from the A4, either follow the instructions from Hammersmith or:
- At Chiswick Roundabout, take the 5th exit onto Chiswick High Road (A205)
- Continue over Kew Bridge
- At Kew Green, bear left onto Mortlake Road (A205)
- At Chalker’s Corner junction, keep straight onto Clifford Avenue
- At the junction with Upper Richmond Road (A205), turn left
- Go over the traffic lights at Milestone Green junction in East Sheen
- At the next major set of traffic lights (with Barnes Common to your left and Rosslyn Park Rugby Club
to your right), turn right into Priory Lane
- The NTC is on right hand side, past the Priory Hospital